I have been day-dreaming about New York lately.
If I could, I would spend all my money on traveling, good food and wine. Seeing the world is my dream, but there is one place that just never gets old. NEW YORK CITY. There is something magical about it to me. The lights, the busyness, the class and knowing that no matter when or where you go, something will be going on and it will most likely be FABULOUS!
So anyways, we have an annual trip to NYC every year, and typically I try to get someone to go back with me at least one more time a year. This year, my boyfriend took me for our anniversary (YAY!). When we were there, we came across this great restaurant called “SOCARRAT“. It is a Paella and Tapas Restaurant and I fell in love with it for a few reasons:
1. The FOOD! (obviously). Not only is it amazing, but for me, the best part is that it is made to share! – I want to try everything, always, so this place is great.
They even have Tapas Happy Hour (in case you want to go, but don’t want to spend a ton!) Also, they have many options for people who can’t eat wheat, dairy, etc, not because they cater to it, but because a lot of the food in it’s nature is protein and veggie based.
2. The WINE. Although there wasn’t the biggest choice, I was still stuck choosing between the 40 they had because they were all great!
3. The PEOPLE!! There is an option to sit at your own table, or at a long table where other people can sit next to you. Since it’s in my nature, I made my boyfriend sit at the long table which merged into the bar. Not only did we meet some great people at the actual table, but we also got a chance to chat with the bartender.
4. The WAY THEY MAKE YOU FEEL!! Not only did we meet great people, but since it was our anniversary, they brought us complimentary champagne and dessert.
5. Finally – This place is NOT a tourist place. If it’s your first time in New York (or even your 3rd), you might want to do all the touristy stuff. But if you live in New York (or frequently go there); If you want to meet interesting and young people making it in New York; and you want some awesome food in a low key setting, this is the place to go.
Hope you all get a chance to try it out!