As some of you may already know, I use Mason jars for just about anything. So why not get crafty and create something new!
I have decided to start off the “Fun With Mason Jars” series with an organization technique that will make your bathroom routine a little less hectic every day. A mounted wood mason jar holder is the perfect way to hold all of your stray bathroom necessities. This was actually really fun to make, quite easy, and don’t forget thrifty!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 4 1/4″ screws
- 2 1-2″ screws (depending on the thickness of the wood you are mounting)
- 1.5′ plank of wood. I just had this lying around and sanded it smooth (sandpaper optional)
- Spray paint or stain if you decide to add some colour
- 4 small to medium size mason jars
- 4 large hose clamps/gear clamps (find them in the plumbing section of your local hardware store)
Step 1: Sand and paint your wood plank
– This Beauti-Tone Matte covered perfectly after just one coat
Step 2: Screw your clamps onto the wood plank using the 1/4″ screws
– Ensure that you adjust the clamps to the size of the jar before you screw in the clamps!
Step 3: Mount the plank onto your desired wall
– I chose the bathroom closet!
Step 4: Insert your jars and adjust the clamps using a flathead screwdriver
Voila! In just four easy steps you have a solution to your bathroom storage problems!
Until next time,