Today is the last day of Canadian Music Week, and we’re all fading fast. It was a week of conferences in the day and partying all night. No sleep, no need.
So I thought I’d give a rundown on some of the high and low points on what i’ve seen so far music wise.
Day 1: Come As You Are – Nirvana Tribute at the Great Hall
- Highpoint: Listening to members of Sloane, Born Ruffians, Biblical, and July Talk perform Nirvana songs.
- Lowpoint: 30 Bands. One song. 30 changeovers. There was more time spent setting up on stage than anyone actually was playing. Who was in charge of this?
Day 2: CRMA Awards / Cherry Cola’s
- Highpoint: Watching Walk Off The Earth KILL IT.
- Lowpoint: Missing Brody Dalle at the horseshoe and being unable to sneak in the back. Yeah.
Day 3: MBIA Awards / Teenage Head
- Highlight: Nikki Yanofsky, TEENAGE HEAD, and the fact that I SOMEHOW ended up at Dance Cave
- Lowpoint: Keep the award show moving people!
Day 4: Chum FM Fan Fest
- Highpoint: Magic, Kristina Maria, Alyssa Reid, Tegan and Sara, Ellie Goulding. In the realm of pop i’m not a huge fan, but Tegan and Sara blew me away. There’s something that’s indefinably rock n roll with those two!
- Lowpoint: Too tired to go on after.
Day 5: Television / Biblical / Indian Handcrafts
To be continued…