Summer is here!
Well, not for those of you who judge summertime based on the grade-school year, but it is for people like me who work throughout the summer. As long as the solstice has happened, I call it summertime!
So what do you do when it’s summer? You GTFO of wherever you are, PRONTO. BRB.
By the time you read this, I will have already left for a vacation in Chicago / San Francisco. Which is where I start to make my point of this article. I am flying out of the Chicago airport and landing in San Fran, and as you may or may not know, packing light is a MUST. You see, certain American airlines charge out the butt (pardon my french) if you want to take a checked bag. Even more if your checked bag is HEAVY.
I’ve packed light, and now I’m going to give you a checklist to make damn sure you do it too. Besides, you’re on vacation. You’re going to want to buy stuff to bring home. Be free, snoblings.
Based on a 1 week vacay…
WHAT TO BRING:
- Car charger for your phone
- Flip Flops / Towel / padlock (If you’re staying in a hostel like I am, you won’t want to touch the floor with your bare feet)
- One fancy outfit
- One pair of jeans (you can wash them, chill) and one pair of shorts. Pick your favourite of both.
- Undergarments of course
- 3 shirts (all different styles so you have something for everything)
- Gravol (to help you sleep, please don’t blame me for this if something goes wrong)
WHAT TO LEAVE AT HOME:
- Your entire cosmetics bag (bring what you know you need)
- The entire bottle of anything
- Anything that you can share with a travel buddy (i.e. blow dryer, straightener, sun screen, etc)
- More than three pairs of shoes (You only need runners, sandals, and dress shoes) *If it’s summer of course*
TIPS OF THE TRADE
- Roll your clothes – Believe it or not, rolling instead of folding will save room!
- Pour your shampoo/ conditioner / face wash / body wash / sunscreen into small squeezable containers. They won’t take up as much room as the original version, they won’t break, and you can use the containers again! Win win win!
For more personalized travel tips, check out: http://upl.codeq.info/ : The Universal Packing List!