Have nothing to do on a Saturday in the city? Visit your local science centre like I did! 20 bucks for a day of enlightenment? WHY NOT.
And, chances are, you haven’t actually been there since your 6th grade field trip, so…
(Pardon my french)
I mean, all in this one day I went to the rainforest, died of diabetes in the early 1900’s, and got trapped in a shaking metal box used to transport slaves… SO PLEASE TELL ME YOUR EXCUSES.
A photo of my friend and I in the rainforest!
A rundown of everything else I saw on my science filled adventure:
– Sultans of Science (A rundown of how early scientists in the middle east shaped how we understand science today)
– A dental exhibit demonstrating how early dentists worked (there were big saws)
– Science Arcade (Basically my favourite part. It was an interactive room of discovery!)
– A Question of Truth (An exhibit that showcased how beliefs and biases effect scientific research)
– The Living Earth (In this I… went to the rainforest, touched a tornado, and walked through a cave.. fun!)