TGIF and TGIS.
Oh, that second antonym? It stands for Thank God It’s Spring.
If you live anywhere near Toronto, you’re well aware of the blistery cold and snowy winter we’ve had this year. And the worst part? It just DOESN’T SEEM TO END! Maybe I feel this way every March, but I can’t remember wanting spring and summer so badly. Mother Nature, I love you, but you just gotta get your shit together.
On the bright side, yesterday marked the first official day of spring, which makes us believe we’re one step closer to warmer weather. And after posting the Ultimate Spring Cleaning Checklist last week, I decided I’m not done on the spring cleaning topic. Hey… it is spring after all!
That is why this week’s article is geared toward not another cleaning checklist, but how to execute that checklist to its fullest. Clean like a boss and live fabulously.
How To Clean Like a Pro
1. Music. Always. This is my number one rule. It makes cleaning feel less like a job and more like a privilege.
2. Don’t “zone clean”. A lot of people tend to get caught up on cleaning one room at a time or spending all of their time cleaning/organizing one thing extremely well. It leads to many other items getting missed.
3. Clean in tasks. Rather than zone cleaning, start off with dusting your entire home. Then, clean all windows and mirrors. This will get you walking more, resulting in a better workout.
4. Have a starting point. This will also be the place you’ll leave supplies. I’d suggest a bathroom or the furthest place from the entrance. Start there, complete one task across the entire home, and then start there again for the second task.
5. Have a method. I’d suggest cleaning top to bottom, left to right. That way, you won’t have trouble remembering which items you’ve hit and which you’ve missed.
6. Don’t neglect finger spots. We often focus on the larger objects (i.e. the floor, tables, oven, etc.). Don’t forget the door knobs, light switches, TV remotes, etc. These are touched all the time and carry lots of germs.
7. Fold. Not just your clothes – your toilet paper and towels. And fold nicely. Clean lines can go a long way.
8. Scent it. Make your home look the part and smell the part. You can use a candle, essential oils, or a spray.
And below is just a really great, innovative way to mop.
Hopefully those help. Let me know if you have any other tips and tricks to make the deep clean process a little faster, easier and a little sweeter too.
Until next week, stay fabulous. xo