So, I had been looking for something to make my bridesmaids to ask them to be in my wedding party. I wanted it to be personal, and I wanted it to be something only they had. I had seen a lot of ideas on pinterest, but nothing seemed quite right.
I decided to make shoe boxes filled with things that I knew they would like and themed for my wedding!
What you’ll need to decorate the box:
- Shoeboxes – try to get them all the same size. You can get these at any shoe store for free normally
- Coloured tape – in your wedding colours or christmas colours
- Coloured markers (I got metallic bics)
- Stickers if you want
On the outside, I used tape in the colour closest to what I could find as wedding colours.
Then I bought cream and white colours paper so I could write on the box and markers, again in the colours that I am using for my wedding.
On the top it says “Will You” in a heart, and then a bunch of things they will need to do as bridesmaids. Some are personal, and some are funny. I.e. “make sure my lipstick is always on.” Or “help me when I have to pee in my dress”
Then on the back, I wrote personalized messages to them about how excited I am they can be part of my big day.
Finally on the inside of the lid, I wrote “Be My Bridesmaid”
So… Will You…. Be My Bridesmaid.
On the inside were a few things that were personal for me, but I knew that they would love and also get a bit of a laugh out of:
- I’m a huge Kate Spade fan, as are my friends. I love Sparkles and gold is one of my wedding colours, so I got them all makeup bags.
- A specific card I picked out for each of my friends (i.e. my friend doing her PhD in Psychology I got a card that said “you’ve saved me a lot of money… on therapy”)
- A hanky that says “no ugly crying” on it because they all know I’ll be balling.
- Red wine instead of champagne because that’s my favourite drink and they always know when they come over there will be no shortage.
- Lindt Truffles in my wedding colours.
- Sunglasses in my wedding colour (or close to it) that have personalized sayings on the side.
- A “Bride’s Drinking Team” pin for the bachelorette.
- Finally a ring with a bow on it because I’m “tying the knot”
So there you have it! You obviously can choose different things to put inside and make it personal for all of them! Also great for a Christmas gift in red and green!!