Happy New Years Eve Day!
If one of your New Years Resolutions is to “drink less” next year, then this post is still PERFECT for you because it’s still 2013! If you’re past going out on new years, and you enjoy actually staying in or going to house parties, it’s nice to be able to make some signature drinks. If you’re hosting than this is perfect for you!
8 Kick ass drinks that will make you the talk of your new years party:
1. Dark and Stormy
This drink I had when I first went to Bermuda. It was from then on, the only drink I would have down there. It’s super refreshing and very simple.
All you need is:
- 2oz Goslings Dark Rum (I prefer the stronger stuff if you can get it)
- 3oz Ginger Beer
- Lemon or Lime Slice
This is a staple in our household, and a lot of people have never tried it. I’ve yet to find someone who doesn’t ask for a second!
2. Tom Collins
For the Gin Lover, this drink tastes delicious and is a great way to get some water in while you’re drinking!
- 2 oz. Gin (I prefer Bombay Sapphire)
- Sparkling Water or Club Soda
- 1 oz. Lemon Juice mixed with 1 tsp of sugar
- 1 Orange slice and/or Maraschino Cherry
3. Sex on the Beach
A classic but none the less delicious and pretty! There are a few ways of making this and people vary on how much of each thing they put in. This is a simple recipe but you can modify it the way you want. Really it’s about the taste A good way to add a bit of a pop to this is adding some champagne instead of peach Schnapps
4. Caramel Apple Cider Heaven
This is what I call the drink I made with my Kissed Caramel Smirnoff Vodka
1. 1 Oz of Kissed Caramel Smirnoff Vodka – $25.45
2. 1/4 cup of Five Apple Cider – $29.47
3.3/4 cup of Water (because the apple cider is a concentrate which makes it GREAT for mixing. You can add more alcohol and less water)
4. Cinnamon Sticks – $16.63 (I’m sure you can find these cheaper somewhere else)
6. Loopy Mimosa
If you want to spice up your champagne toast, try this delicious take on a Mimosa that will make your guests ask how you made such a delicious drink!
- 2 oz. Three Olives Loopy Vodka (this is vodka that tastes like fruit loops)
- 2 oz. Orange Juice
- 2 oz. Champagne
- Add Raspberries for a nice visual effect
This is an Italian drink that I can’t quite get my taste buds around, but it’s a bitter drink that many people I know love. For some reason I can’t understand people like this drink, so if someone asks for a Negroni, it’s nice to be able to make it. (and it’s very easy)
8. French 75
If you have left over Champagne (which most people do) this is a nice drink to make for people after midnight using the left over champagne. There isn’t much you can do with left over Champagne the next day, so use this recipe to finish it up!
- 1 1/2 ounces cognac
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup (1 cup of water and 1 cup of sugar mixed)
- 1/2 ounce fresh lemon juice
- Sparkling wine
Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add the cognac, simple syrup and lemon juice and shake well. Strain into a martini glass, top with sparkling wine and serve.
So there you have it. 8 drinks that will leave your new years guests impressed and wanting more! Have a great and safe night!