Hi. My name is Alix and I have a serious nail polish addiction.
What does this mean?
- I cannot go out without my nails matching my outfit
- I cannot go out if my nail polish is chipped
- I have basically every Essie nail colour – excluding yellows and oranges because they look terrible with my skin colour.
- I won’t get a manicure because it’s a waste of money – I will change the colour within 24 hrs.
- I refuse to get shellac or do anything that can seriously ruin my nails
- I have over 80 colours and over 100 nail products
To be honest – the main issue here is that I spend WAY too much money on nail polish. I’m sure you can relate. Getting an Essie colour for under $10 is a bargain (and you can do that math based on the above picture.) Although I love Essie, I’m starting to realize how expensive this addiction is becoming.
One day, I went to visit my mom in Florida and had a happy accident when I forgot my nail polish. She has perfect nails and basically only wears a clear or light pink. So when I went to visit my mom in Florida and I forgot my nail polish – there was a panic around finding a colour to match the aqua dress I was wearing.
I went through her cabinet and found a “Sally Hansen – Hard as Nails Xtreme wear.” It honestly looked so cheap, but it was that or NOT have my nails match. So I used it – and guys. I found the BEST nail polish and I was HOOKED.
First of all, it was the first time in years I hadn’t changed my nail colour for 3 whole days – because it matched ALL my Lilly Pulitzer outfits.
Then I went to buy it at Target and it let me tell you – it was $2.50 USD. Naturally, I bought every colour.
It stays on for days, and it’s so cheap! There are 2 downsides though.
- It takes a while to dry – like I’m talking if you want it to really stay on, you need a good hour to make sure you don’t ruin it.
- They don’t have a many colour options.
That being said – they have a colour that is my favourite to wear – Daycream – the very pale pink pictured above.
So for me there is one clear winner. Although Essie has better colour options, like THESE PLUMS or THESE BLUES – when it comes to actually staying on, Xtreme wear daycream is the clear winner for me. (I also like the glitter.)
So there you have it. Let me know what you think!